The module tutorial describes how to write an actor class in general. But there are already several actor subclasses available, which make it easier to write a new actor by inheriting there functionality.
In the following pages we will cover some of these subclasses.
- Algebra actors resolve functions of a SPARQL algebra tree.
- Init actors are the entrypoints into the Comunica framework.
- Join actors can be used to join two or more streams.
- Metadata actors parse a stream of triples to find metadata.
- Quad pattern resolvers return all bindings and metadata for a given pattern.
- Serialization actors are responsible for parsing and transforming the results to a given output format.
It is not required to to make use of these interfaces when creating an actor fulfilling a similar function. These packages are just here to make implementation easier.